Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Look beyond what you first see



Tomorrow I go to get my dental implant removed. I dread tomorrow. I am in mourning. I've waited two years for my bone to grow. I had bone taken from my hip to build my palate. I then waited another year and had the rods surgically implanted into the bone so it could withstand eventual implants.  I waited two years for the bone to get strong. I was missing my front teeth for two years. But, I adapted knowing that one day I would have two beautiful front teeth because of these dental implants. I never for a moment thought the bone would not be strong enough.

As I was walking Barrett today, I came across a lawn filled with colorful Easter eggs sprinkled all over the front lawn. It hit me. My dental implant process is like I've been holding this very fragile egg for two years. I nurtured it and was hoping it was growing. I did everything I was suppose to do. And yet, the egg cracked. Like my bone with the screw in it, it just cracked when an attempt was made to see if it was strong enough. It wasn't.


And so tomorrow I go to have the screw pulled out of my bone. All that time hoping and praying the bone would take. Yet, it didn't.

I looked around the front lawn with the colorful Easter eggs. Eggs, like people come in all colors. And, an egg can be made into crepes, deviled eggs, quiche, omelet, poached, fried, scrambled, over easy, basted, and hard boiled. So many varieties.


So, my egg has a crack in it. I realized that a egg doesn't get thrown out because it has a crack in it. It can be made into so many wonderful dishes and enjoyed.

So,this implant didn't work. But, I have high hopes that my wonderful Dentist will be able to work his magic. I'm confident he will. He will somehow utilize my one good implant to make it into a beautiful pair of front teeth.

Sometimes things don't go as planned. That's when you have to realize that maybe it wasn't meant to be. You realize a plain white egg may have a crack in it, but it's still good. You have to look at the bright side.


Maybe it's a coincidence that my appointment is just a few days before Easter. Easter, is celebrated as a time of rebirth and renewal. And so, I'm going to forge ahead. I might be losing my dental implant, however, I look at this as a time of rebirth/renewal for me. All will work out just how it is suppose to work out. I have faith.

We need to learn to look beyond the physical and appreciate each other for what's on the inside not the outside.

2 comments:

  1. Amen
    Praying all goes well tomorrow. Sending love n hugs and positive energy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete