Monday, March 21, 2016

Why do bad things happen to good people?

Why do bad things happen to good people?

I ask myself this question and have not found a good enough answer. Is it to make us stronger? If so, I would rather lift weights. 

Newborn babies are born with life threatening health conditions. Children get diagnosed with life threatening health issues. And, adults get diagnosed as well. 

It's not just health issues. It's people who suffer from emotional, financial, and other hardships. 

You hate to see anyone in pain or anyone having a rough go of it. You feel helpless. 

I know I try and be very positive and say to smile because it does the body good. But when you hear that someone you know just heard that their brain tumor is back. Well, I just have to be sincere and say the F word.

Sometimes, the only thing to do is say the F word. Over and over again. Loud and clear. It makes me feel better. I don't know why. I can't explain it. It just feels good to say the F word.
Kids, if you are reading this, please say "Fudge", instead.

Thank Goodness my Mom is not alive to hear me say the F word. She would give me a very disappointed look and say, "Oh honey, please don't say that word". But I'm almost 55 so I feel like I've earned the right to say it.

Please take a moment and tell your loved ones that you love them. Give them a good hug.  Raise them up. Cherish their laugh and the good times you've shared. Don't put it off. Tomorrow is not a given.

The reality is bad things do happen to good people. That's when they need you the most. Be strong for them. Sit, listen, and hold their hand. 

2 comments:

  1. True, True ! Swearing helps temporarily and then getting right in to help does wonders ! I remember when I went through a terrible couple of months with severe depression and my friend of 45 years could not even give me a hug, a card, a meal, anything ! Needless to say, when one is going through hard times, you always find out who your friends are !

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, True ! Swearing helps temporarily and then getting right in to help does wonders ! I remember when I went through a terrible couple of months with severe depression and my friend of 45 years could not even give me a hug, a card, a meal, anything ! Needless to say, when one is going through hard times, you always find out who your friends are !

    ReplyDelete